Flora Bites is a delicious, chewable probiotic formula for children, designed to promote healthy gut microflora, protect intestinal integrity and support immune function.
The gastrointestinal (GI) tract is a finely balanced environment where roughly 500 different strains of bacteria compete for space and nutrients. The natural microflora balance can be disrupted by medications, such as antibiotics, or poor dietary intake. One of the key benefits of probiotics is their ability to increase populations of healthy bacteria in the face of microflora imbalance. In addition, extensive research has identified other broad health benefits, including supporting healthy bowel function, increasing the production of important short-chain fatty acids, which provide energy to the cells of the intestinal lining, boosting immune function, aiding in the digestion of difficult-to-break-down compounds like lactose and casein, and enhancing detoxification of harmful compounds.
Flora Bites is a delicious, chewable probiotic formula for children, designed to promote healthy gut microflora, protect intestinal integrity and support immune function. Each creamy, natural orange-flavored cube contains a 5 billion CFU blend of Lactobacillus acidophilus andBifidobacterium lactis, as well as 20 mg of vitamin C for comprehensive digestive and immune system support. The strains in Flora Bites have been carefully selected for their survivability and adherence to the intestinal tract. The chewable cube form is an easy, fun way for children to achieve optimal probiotic support and a tasty alternative to a capsule or powdered probiotic.
1 or more chewable cubes per day or as recommended by your health care professional
90 Count Bottle (45 Servings)
Animal Parade® Tooth Fairy™ Children's Chewable is the exciting new supplement with live M18 probiotic cells, L. acidophilus, tooth-building vitamin D3 and calcium, and xylitol, which may reduce the risk of tooth decay! Delicious vanilla Tooth Fairy Chewables, in fun animal shapes, also contain a targeted whole food blend of natural tooth-friendly nutrients!
BioSpora™ is a powerful, hypoallergenic blend of genetically certified Bacillus coagulans and B. subtilis species formulated to provide unique probiotic support of healthy gastrointestinal and immune function.† Spore-forming bacilli have often been referred to as soil-based microorganisms because of their ubiquitous presence in the earth. When isolated from the human GI tract, spore-forming bacilli have long been thought to be transient bacteria. However, current research shows that Bacillus species are present in the GI tract in numbers higher than can be explained by ingestion alone. Germination of Bacillus spores within the human small intestine and transient colonization is now thought to be part of the normal life cycle of human-associated Bacillus species providing specific stimuli for healthy GI and immune system development and function. Each capsule of BioSpora™ supplies a total of 2 billion CFUs of B. coagulans and B. subtilis spores positively identified through independent 16S ribosomal RNA gene sequencing. The spores are resistant to extremes of heat, ultraviolet radiation, solvents, hydrogen peroxide, and enzymes. The spores withstand stomach acid and germinate in the small intestine within 6 hours of ingestion. Ingested B. coagulans and B. subtilis reside in the human GI tract for up to 7 days following consumption. BioSpora™ is recommended for enhanced support of normal GI and immune function.† It is certified free of casein, gluten, and soy. BioSpora™ does not require refrigeration.
Other Ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, water) and coconut oil powder.
Suggested Use: 1 capsule daily with food or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
K-BSP-12 120 vegetarian capsules ................................. $18.80
A High-strength Probiotic Chewable Wafer – Chocolate Flavored. Gluten and casein free. Ultra Tested®.
Kirkman’s most popular probiotic, Pro-Bio GoldTM, is also now offered in a tasty, chocolate chewable wafer with the same six certified strains of organisms present in our signature Pro-Bio GoldTM product. Normally, chewable probiotic formulations are weak, low dosage products because of the fragility of the organisms; however, Kirkman® has developed an optimal formulation that is produced under special cold, dehumidified conditions so that the product maintains full potency when compressed into a tablet. Kirkman’s Pro-BioTMChewable Wafers offer a comprehensive replacement of six well recognized, researched and documented probiotic strains to support gastrointestinal (GI) system health.
This probiotic supplement contains a combination of the most important “resident” as well as “transient” microorganisms that contribute to maintaining and promoting a healthy GI tract. There are numerous factors that contribute to friendly bacteria (such as Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium and thermophilus) being destroyed or depleted, which include:
excessive stressful conditions;
improper diet or inadequate nutrition;
Pro-BioTM Chewable Wafers utilize six probiotic strains that have undergone DNA fingerprinting to support their identity and have also demonstrated long-term stability. More than 65 scientific studies and published articles have been written in support of the strains, documenting the ability of these strains to:
• possess a high tolerance to survive stomach acids and bile salts;
• support the body’s natural defenses and the intestinal tract’s immunological barrier;
• help alleviate occasional diarrhea and constipation;
• address lactose issues;
• adhere to and colonize the GI mucosal membrane;
• assist with regulating intestinal mobility and normal bowel function;
• possibly help create an inhibitory effect on free radical activity in the colon.
overgrowth of yeasts, bacteria, etc.; abnormal permeability of the intestine; exposure to numerous medications.
A multispecies probiotic formula to meet the special needs of infants.
This high-potency, hypoallergenic blend of 5 Lactobacillusspecies and 5 Bifidobacterium species is designed to safely meet the metabolic and intestinal support needs of infants up to the age of 2 years. All Lactobacillus species in Ther-Biotic® Infant Formula produce predominantly L(+)-lactic acid that can be safely metabolized by infants. An infant’s gastrointestinal tract is not fully mature at birth and cannot metabolize the
Ther-Biotic® Infant Formula is available in a high potency powder providing 10+ billion CFUs per 1/4 teaspoon. Ther-Biotic® Infant Formula powder can be mixed with expressed breast milk, formula, or solid food at room temperature as appropriate.
• L. rhamnosus increases colonic B. breve populations and promotes healthy bifidobacteria diversity in infants. L. rhamnosus is important for the normal maturation of an infant’s immune system.
• L. casei is critical for the proper differentiation of immune dendritic cells as the infant’s immune system learns to distinguish between harmless antigens and toxins and pathogens. It increases the number of intestinal cells secreting IgA. L. casei contains enzymes that facilitate the break down of milk proteins and polypeptides as well as gluten.
• L. paracasei produces high amounts of L(+)-lactic acid and antagonizes pathogens such as rotavirus, Staphylococcus aureus, and Clostridium difficile.
• L. gasseri is native to the human gut and normally present in human breast milk. It produces hydrogen peroxide and bacteriocins inhibitory to Clostridium, Listeria, and Enterococcus.
• L. salivarius normally colonizes the intestinal tract, enhances calcium absorption, and promotes normal intestinal barrier function.
Specific Bifidobacterium species are normally predominant in an infant’s gut microbiota and constitute 95% of the anaerobic bacteria cultured from the stool of healthy, breast-fed infants. Ther-Biotic® Infant Formula contains species that are appropriate to an infant’s gastrointestinal tract. Bifidobacteria ferment an array of oligosaccharides including those found in breast milk generating the vital short-chain fatty acids such as butyrate, which are essential to healthy colon maturation and function.
• B. breve promotes growth of B cells in Peyer’s patches in the ileum. It antagonizes rotavirus and reduces intestinal populations of anaerobic Bacteroides and Clostridium.
• B. infantis is normally found in infants and its presence reduces the risk of necrotizing enterocolitis in premature or low birth weight babies.
• B. lactis enhances normal immune function by increasing numbers of total, helper, and activated T cells. It modifies gut microbiota to support against allergic inflammation and increases IgA response to toxins.
• B. bifidum suppresses total and allergen-specific IgE secretion and its populations are often low in infants with allergies.
• B. longum regulates the immune response to respiratory antigens and inhibits neutrophil elastase, which is important to normal innate immune functions.
Suggested Use: 1/4 teaspoon daily with food.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.