A proprietary blend of microbial enzymes, SerenAid® is specifically formulated to assist in breaking down a broad range of plant and animal proteins, including casein (milk and dairy products), gluten (wheat, rye, oats, barley, and other grains), and soy proteins. The inclusion of Exorphinase® differentiates SerenAid® from other digestive enzyme formulas. This proprietary, high-activity enzyme blend of peptidase and protease with dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) activity can assist in hydrolyzing small protein peptides, including casomorphins and gluteomorphins that can adversely affect the central nervous system in some individuals.*The enzymes in this formulation are pH-stable, demonstrating activity over a wide range of pH conditions (pH of 2 to 12).
- First fungal-based enzyme formulation to offer dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) activity formulated to support the unique proteolytic needs of children on the spectrum*
- High serine proteinase DPP-IV activity, to cleave the post-proline bonds and prolyl bonds near the N-terminus of proteins and peptides*
- Post-proline and prolyl bond cleavage supports proteolysis of casein, gluten, and their exorphin peptides, casomorphins and gluteomorphins*
- Proprietary, patented** combination of peptidase and protease enzymes with DPP-IV activity to support hydrolysis of exorphin (opiate-acting) peptides*
**US Patents 6,808,708, 6,821,514, 6,251,391, 6,447,772.
- Dairy/ Milk Free
- Gluten Free
- Free of Artificial Colors/Flavors
- Egg Free
- Shellfish Free
- Fish Free
- Tree Nut Free
- Peanut Free
2 capsules at the beginning of each meal or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Free of the following common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, and gluten. Contains no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
ΔUnits are those used in the Food Chemicals Codex (FCC).
If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition, or taking prescription drugs, consult your physician before using this product. Keep out of reach of children.