Are you looking for ways to become a healthier version of yourself? By making small changes and implementing healthy habits into your daily routine, you can make positive steps towards improved wellness each day. Here are just a few steps to improve women’s health that anyone can take:
1. Be aware of what you put into your body.
It’s true– eating well is vital to optimal health! Here are just a few steps you can take toward a healthier diet:
- Fiber is your friend– eat lots of veggies, fruits, beans, nuts, and seeds
- Whole-grain is better– look for brown rice, or eat cauliflower rice instead, whole-grain pasta and bread, or substitute quinoa.
- Protein makes you feel full– reduce the urge to snack or overeat by ensuring your plate includes enough lean protein.
- Your plate should be colorful– try new things and fill your plate with diverse plant-based foods, fruits, and vegetables.
- Healthy fats are good for you – fish, olive oil, avocado, eggs, and dark chocolate are a few examples.
2. Stay active.
Being active not only benefits your physical health but also your mental well-being. Walking and yoga can be transformative for stress relief, in addition to lowering the risk for diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and more chronic conditions. If you’re already fairly active, add more to your fitness routine, such as strength, endurance, and flexibility training.
3. Supplement with high-quality products.
There are many benefits to taking supplements, and you and your doctor should discuss which ones work well for you. A multivitamin like the Methyl Multi Prime Capsules is a great one to start with for overall well-being. It contains necessary vitamins such as vitamins A, C, B, and iron while also being easy to digest, even on an empty stomach. Our Women’s Probiotic supports healthy gut and vaginal microbiomes, and our Bone Builder Complete +K is essential for bone density and skeletal strength. Two more products that could be helpful are FemBalance and Evening Primrose Oil. FemBalance promotes hormone balance in women, as well as a healthy menstrual cycle, and includes chaste berry, a well-known ingredient for regulating a woman’s menstrual cycle. Evening Primrose Oil has many benefits, including neuroendocrine and cognitive health.
4. Keep up with annual exams and screenings.
Visiting your primary care physician is critical for keeping you at your healthiest. You and your doctor can discuss a preventative screening schedule that aligns with your personal medical history, lifestyle, and family history. You’re never too busy to make time for your annual wellness check, and lifesaving medical screenings go a long way to safeguard your health long-term.
5. Prioritize sleeping well.
Good sleep is often difficult to achieve, whether you’re going through menopause or struggling with insomnia, stress, or other conditions. Better sleep will not only make you feel rested and balanced but is also restorative for the body in the long term. Some tips we recommend for a good night’s rest:
- Don’t drink caffeine after 2 PM.
- Limit screen time before bed– read a book or listen to music instead!
- Try meditation or deep breathing exercises.
- Give journaling a go to release any heavy thoughts.
- Consider a sleep support supplement.
With these steps to improve women’s health in mind, you’re well on your way to becoming a healthier you! We would love to support you on your health and wellness journey. Learn more about us, and please let us know how we can help you!